FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2478 Series Collar Nut
COLLAR, NUT -- SELF-LOCKING, TENSION APPLICATION, FOR USE ON 1/32 OVERSIZE PINS
A286 CRES (UNS S66286) per AMS5731 or AMS5734.
A286 CRES, passivate per AMS2700. No other finish or lubrication is permissible.
A286 CRES, silver plate per AMS2410. No other finish or lubrication is permissible.
SERVICE TEMP. :
To 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
Except for tensile strength called out in this specification and torque reusability only requires one pass. Testing of passivated collars to be performed using Krytox 240AC lubricant.
PART #: NA2478
- Tension Application
- For Use on 1/32 Oversize Pins
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI. Y14.5M-1982.
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish.
- Installation of non-lubricated collars must be performed with a lubrication fluid or lubed pin to prevent galling of threads and torque off prior to achieving proper clamp load.
- Threads shall be in accordance with AS8879 after finish. The threads shall be deformed in the marked area to provide a self-locking feature.