FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2417 One-Lug Self-Locking Plate Nut / NAS1776
NUT, PLATE, SELF-LOCKING, LOW HEIGHT, COUNTERBORED, ONE-LUG, REDUCED RIVET SPACING
Carbon or alloy steel, heat treated SAE1030 or better; neither the sulfur nor phosphorous content shall exceed .050% by weight.
A286 (UNS S66286) conforming to the chemistry of AMS5525, AMS5732 or AMS5737. /5/
Cadmium plate per AMS-QQ-P-416, Type II, Class 2.
Silver plate for 800 degree Fahrenheit use per AMS2410 to a .0002 min. thickness on surface which can be touched by a 0.750 diameter ball. Threads shall show complete coverage, but thickness requirements on threads is waived. Passivate per AMS2700, Method 1, Class 4 all CRES parts before the application of dry dilm lubricant.
Molydisulfide (MoS2) dry film lubricant per NAS3356.
Indicates steel, cadmium plated with dry film lubricant.
In place of dash indicates CRES nuts with silver plate.
Suffixed to the dash number indicates dimpled rivet holes.
Suffixed to the dash number indicates CRES nuts, without silver plate, with dry film lubricant.
Suffixed to the dash number indicates projection weld nibs for CRES silver plated parts only (no silver plate on weld nibs).
In place of dash indicates cadmium plated nuts without dry film lubricant.
NAS3350, Class 2.
NASM25027 except minimum tensile strength shall be as tabulated. Test bolts for CRES nuts shall be 180 KSI minimum.
PART #: NA2417
- Low Height
- Reduced Rivet Spacing
- /1/ Minimum “E” limited only by strength requirements of specification.
- /2/ The center of the tapped hole shall not deviate in any direction from the center of the plate nut, as determined by the basic rivet hole location, by more than .005.
- /3/ Threads in accordance with AS8879 before lubrication.
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- /5/ For CRES, magnetic permeability shall be less than 2.0 (air = 1.0) for a field strength of H=200 oersteds using a magnetic permeability indicator per ASTM A342/A342M, test method 3.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.
- unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) is acceptable for use until depletion.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.