FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2066 GANG CHANNEL
Variable Counterbore, Replaceable Nut Element, 160,000 PSI, 450°F
A286 CRES (UNS S66286) per AMS5525, AMS5732 or AMS5737
Aluminum alloy 7075-T6 or 7075-T62 (UNS A97075) per AMS-QQ-A-250/12
XM-28 stainless steel spring wire (UNS S24100) per ASTM A313/A313M
Passivated per AMS2700 plus Nafco molybdenum disulfide dry film lubricant
Anodized per MIL-A-8625, type II, class 1 plus coat with AMS-C-27725, type II, class B coating per Nafco WI8.5-096
Passivate per AMS2700 method 1 or 2
To 450 Degrees Fahrenheit
except for torque-out and push-out, tensile 160,000 PSI at basic pitch diameter (see appropriate tables). These values apply both separately and combined. For push-out test, rivet spacing of a corresponding two-lug anchor nut will be applicable.
PART #: NA2066
- Variable Counterbore
- Replaceable Nut Element
- 160,000 PSI
- 450° F service temp.
- Float of nut element shall not be less than .015 radially from centered position. Nut element shall be capable of engagement with a bolt in the maximum misaligned position.
- Bare channel ends resulting from channel being cut from larger sections permitted to be brush alodined per paragraph 3.3.8 of MIL-A-8625 or to be painted.
- /3/ Tolerances on channel apply before painting and all tolerances are non-cumulative.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.
- Threads shall be in accordance with AS8879. The upper threaded portion of the nut shall be deformed to provide self-locking feature.
- /6/ Counterbore depth (“E” dimension) includes thickness of channel material.
- Channel shall be marked with NAFCO USA, LLC manufacturing mark “N”. Location optional except must be visible after assembly.
- Nut element(s) shall be marked with manufacturer’s identification, first dash number (nut counterbore code) and “C” for CRES material in accordance with MIL-STD-130.