FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2216 Jiffynut / NASM45938/3
JIFFYNUT, MINIATURE, SELF-LOCKING AND NON-LOCKING
Alloy, grade 4130 (UNS G41300) per AMS6370, grade 4140 (UNS G41400) per AMS6382 or grade 8740 (UNS G87400) per AMS6322. For use in materials with a hardness of 28 HRC max.
Type A286 (UNS S66286) per AMS5731, AMS5732, AMS5734 or AMS5737. For use in materials with a hardness of 90 HRB max.
Type 303 (UNS S30300) per ASTM A581/A581M or ASTM A582/A582M. For use in materials with a hardness of 90 HRB max.
Shall be cadmium plated per AMS-QQ-P-416, Type III, Class 3.
CRES, TYPE 303 AND A286
Shall be cleaned and descaled in accordance with ASTM A380 and passivated in accordance with AMS2700, Method 1, Class 4.
SELF-LOCKING CRES (TYPE A286)
Shall be silver plated.
Alloy steel and self-locking CRES nuts shall have solid film lubricant coating.
The part number consists of the basic part number and a dash number taken from table I, plus letter "L" for self-locking nut or leave blank for non-locking feature.
PART #: NA2216
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- The threads shall be in accordance with AS8879 prior to solid film lubricant coating. The upper porting of the nut shall be deformed to provide self-locking feature.
- Push-out and torque-out values shall be as specified in table II, as applicable, when properly installed in the following materials:
- Alloy steel nuts installed in cold rolled steel sheet.
- CRES nuts in 2024-T4 aluminum alloy sheet.
- /5/ – Alloy steel nuts installed in 2024-T4 aluminum alloy sheet.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) in acceptable for use until depletion.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.