FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2364 Series Jiffynut / NASM45938/14
NUT, PLAIN, CLINCH AND NUT, SELF-LOCKING, CLINCH, SELF-CLINCHING, KNURLED COLLAR, FLOATING, 450℉ AND 600℉
For use in materials with a hardness of 28 HRC max.
For use in materials with a hardness of 90 HRB max.
CRES, TYPE A286
(UNS S66282) per AMS5731, AMS5732, AMS5734 or AMS5737.
ALLOY STEEL NUT & RETAINER
Shall be cadmium plated per procurement specification.
CRES NUT ELEMENT & RETAINER
Shall be cleaned and descaled per procurement specification.
SELF-LOCKING CRES NUT ELEMENT
Shall be silver plated per procurement specification.
ALLOY STEEL NUT AND RETAINER
Solid film lubricant (solid film lubricant on retainer is manufacturer's option).
SELF-LOCKING CRES ELEMENT
Solid film lubricant.
Consists of the letter "M", the basic number of the specification sheet, a dash number taken from Table I, and the letter "L" for self-locking nut or leave blank if non-locking feature.
PART #: NA2364
- Clinch and Nut
- Knurled Collar
- 450℉ and 600℉
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- Threads shall be in accordance with AS8879 and dimensions shall apply before application of solid film lubricant. The upper portion of the nut element shall be deformed to provide self-locking feature.
- Push-out and torque-out values of alloy steel nuts shall be as specified in Table II or Table III (See Spec Sheet #2 in Engineering Specs) when properly installed in cold rolled steel or in 5052-0 aluminum alloy.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) is acceptable for use until depletion.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.