FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2480 SERIES RETAINER NUT / 3D0364 / NAS1794
RETAINER, NUT -- RIVETLESS, COMPOSITE APPLICATION
304 CRES per AMS-QQ-S-763.
17-7 CRES per AMS5678.
Annealed per AMS-QQ-S-763.
Passivate per AMS2700.
Passivate per AMS2700.
The internal diameter that comes in contact with the tooling mandrel during installation shall have dry film lubricant that has undergone any required elevated temperature (above room temperature) cure after passivation.
Following basic part number defines class fit per Table I, Table III and Table IV.
FIRST DASH NUMBER
Designates nominal thread size per Table I.
SECOND DASH NUMBER
Designates grip in 0.010 increments /1/.
Replacing dash between first and second dash number designates 0.015 oversize /3/.
PART #: NA2480
- Composite Application
*UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED*
- This drawing takes precedence over all documents referenced herein.
- Dimensional tolerances and symbols per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.
- Surface texture 125 microinches Ra max per ANSI B46.1-1978.
- Deburr and break all edges .005-.015.
- /5/ Diameter “A” is not inspectable at receiving. This is the final hole diameter after installation without reaming.
- /6/ “L” is not inspectable at receiving. This is the barrel length after installation.
- Grip length dash number shall be specified in .010 increments using two (2) digits
- EX. : -12 = .120
- EX. : -09 = .090
- For minimum grip only, retainers shall be installed flush (+0.000) to subflush (-0.010) from the immediate surrounding surface of structure per DPS 3.67-62.2. For all other grips, retainer is recommended to be installed flush (+0.000) to subflush (-0.010) from the immediate surrounding surface of structure per DPS 3.67-62.2.
- Do not specify oversize parts on production drawings.
- Specify nut element on next assembly drawing to complete nut plate assembly. Suggested nut element: NA2360 OR NAS1794.
- Install per DPS 3.67-62.2.
- The following formula shall be used to calculate weight:
- WEIGHT = Wt + (Wb x L)
- Wt = Weight of top assembly including clip (lb)
- Wb = Weight of the barrel portion (lb/in)
- L = Barrel length (in)
- Minimum available grip is 09 (0.090 inch) for 3/16 inch diameter, 12 (0.120 inch) for 1/4 inch diameter. The maximum available grip for 3/16 and 1/4 inch diameter is 50 (0.500 inch). Contact Nafco USA, LLC if longer grip is needed.