FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2369 TWO LUG PLATE NUT
NUT, SELF-LOCKING, PLATE, TWO LUG, FLOATING, NON-METALLIC INSERT, STEEL, 125 KSI Ftu, 250 ºF
Nut -- Carbon Steel
Grade 1008 (UNS G10080) per AMS5061 or ASTM A29/A29M. Grade 1035 (UNS G10350) per AMS5080. Grade 1040 (UNS 10400) per ASTM A827/A827M. Grade 1042 (UNS G10420) per ASTM A29/A29M. Grade 1050 (UNS G10500) per AMS5085. Grade 1137 (UNS G11370) per AMS5024. Grade 1141 (UNS G11410) per ASTM A29/A29M. Grade 1214 (UNS 12144) per ASTM A108.
Nut -- Alloy Steel
Grade 4130 (UNS G41300) per AMS6370. Grade 8740 (UNS G87400) per AMS6322, AMS6325,N AMS6337.
Shim (if applicable) -- Carbon Steel
Grade 1008 (UNS G10080) per AMS5061 or ASTM A29/A29M. Grade 1010 (UNS G10100) per AMS5040.
Shim (if applicable) -- Aluminum Alloy
1100, Annealed (UNS A91100) per ASTM B209.
Retainer (if applicable) -- Carbon Steel
Grade 1008 (UNS G10080) per AMS5061 or ASTM A29/A29M. Grade 1009 (UNS G10090) per ASTM A827/A827M. Grade 1010 (UNS G10100) per AMS5040. Grade 1050 (UNS G10500) per AMS5085.
Retainer (if applicable) -- Aluminum Alloy
2024, Temper T4 (UNS A92024) per AMS-QQ-A-250/4. 7075, Temper T6 (UNS A97075) per AMS-QQ-A-250/12 or (UNS A87075) per AMS4049.
Insert -- Nylon
Per ASTM D4066, Group 1, Class 1 or 2.
Cadmium plate in accordance with AMS-QQ-P-416, Type II, Class 2.
Anodize or chemically treat in accordance with procurement specification.
Molybdenum disulfide dry film lubricant approved in accordance with NASM25027. Other lubricants are soluable in the cleaner specified in AMS-S-8802.
PART #: NA2369
- Two Lug
- Non-metallic Insert
- 125 KSI Ftu
- 250 ºF
- /1/ Dimpled rivet hole tolerance for diameter “K” is +0.15/-.0001
- /2/ No countersunk or dimpled rivet type available for sizes .4375 and .5000.
- Dimensions in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) is acceptable for use until depletion.
- Design and usage Limitations: These nuts are designed to develop the tensile strength of bolts and screws with an ultimate tensile strength of 125 KSI based on the cross sectional area at the basic diameter of the thread. These nuts are designed to be used on 3A external threads. These nuts shall be used in accordance with the limitations of NASM33588.
- NASM21077 supersedes NAS1031.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing in accordance with ANSI Y14.5M-1982.
- Surface roughness: 125 microinches Ra per ASME B46.1.
- Minimum vibration life requirements shall be three times average vibration life in accordance with procurement specification.
- Threads before lubrication in accordance with AS8879.
- Remove all burrs and sharp edges.
- Float of the nut portion of assembly shall not be less than .030 laterally and longitudinally from centered position. Nut body shall be capable of engagement with a bolt in maximum misaligned position. Maximum axial float .020 for .1900 and smaller, .030 for .2500 and larger. Nut misalignment shall not exceed dimension “B”. The nut and base portion of the assembly shall form one integral unit and the assembly shall provide a bearing surface for the nut.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.