FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2158 Series Jiffynut / NASM45938/3
JIFFYNUT -- SELF-LOCKING AND NON-LOCKING
Alloy, grade 4130 (UNS G41300) per AMS6370, grade 4140 (UNS G41400) per AMS6382 or grade 8740 (UNS g87400) per AMS6322. For use in materials with a hardness of 28 HRC max.
CRES -- TYPE A286
Type A286 (UNS S66286) per AMS5731, AMS5732, AMS5734 or AMS5737. For use in materials with a hardness of 90 HRB max.
CRES -- TYPE 303
Type 303 (UNS S30300) per AMS5640, type I or type II. For use in materials with a hardness of 90 HRB max.
STEEL -- ALLOY
Shall be cadmium plated per AMS-QQ-P-416, type III, class 3.
CRES -- TYPE 303 & TYPE A286
Shall be cleaned and descaled in accordance with ASTM A380 and passivated in accordance with AMS2700, method 1, class 4. Self-locking CRES (type A286) nuts shall be silver plated.
ALLOY STEEL & SELF-LOCKING CRES NUTS
Shall have solid-film lubricant coating.
The part number consists of the basic part number and a dash number taken from table I, plus letter "L" for self-locking nut or leave blank for non-locking feature.
PART #: NA2158
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- The threads shall be in accordance with AS8879 prior to solid film lubricant coating. The upper portion of the nut shall be deformed to provide self-locking feature.
- Push-out and torque-out values shall be as specified in table II, as applicable, when properly installed in the following materials:
- Alloy steel nuts installed in cold rolled steel sheet.
- CRES nuts installed in 2024-T4 aluminum alloy sheet.
- /5/ Alloy steel nuts installed in 2024-T4 aluminum alloy sheet.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) is acceptable for use until depletion.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.