FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2466 Self-Locking Two-Lug Plate Nut / NAS1870
NUT PLATE, SELF-LOCKING, TWO-LUG, 160 KSI Ftu, 450 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT AND 800 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT
See procurement specification.
(UNS S66286) conforming to the chemistry of AMS5525, AMS5732 or AMS5737.
Cadmium plate per AMS-QQ-P-416 plus AS5272, type I dry film lubricant. Type and class of plating is optional if lubricated nuts will meet the salt spray requirements of AMS-QQ-P-416, type II.
A-286 CRES - 800 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT
Silver plate per AMS2410. Plating thickness measured on any external surface of the nut shall not be less than .0002: threads shall show complete coverage but thickness requirement on threads is waived. Optional silver plate on nut retaining cage.
A-286 CRES - 450 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT
Dry film lubricant in accordance with AS5272, type I shall be applied in lieu of silver plate. Optional dry film lubricant on nut retaining cage.
PART #: NA2466
- 160 KSI Ftu
- 450 degrees F & 800 degrees F
- /1/ Minimum “H” not specified, limited only by strength requirement.
- Float of nut portion of assembly shall not be less than .030 radially from centered position. Nut element shall be capable of engagement with bolt in the maximum misaligned position.
- Magnetic permeability of CRES steel nut shall be less than 2.0 (air = 1.0) for a field strength of H=200 oersteds using a magnetic permeability indicator per ASTM A342/A342M, test method 3.
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- /5/ Configuration of nut optional within the limitations imposed by dimensions and requirements as specified herein.
- /6/ Thread portion deformed at indicated end to produce self-locking feature.
- /7/ Threads before lubrication per AS8879, except .1640-32 UNJC-3B.
- Symmetrical about vertical centerline.
- Hardness: 45 HRC maximum.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) is acceptable for use until depletion.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.