FEDERAL SUPPLY CODE:
NA2159 Right Angle Anchor Nut
NUT, ANCHOR, SELF-LOCKING, RIGHT ANGLE, FLOATING, VERTICAL MOUNTING HOLES
See Procurement Specification
Cadmium plate per AMS-QQ-P-416, Type II, Class 2. /8/
Silver plate for 800 degree Fahrenheit use per NASM25027 to a .0002 minimum thickness on surfaces which can be touched by a 0.7500 (3/4 inch) diameter ball. Threads shall show complete coverage, but thickness requirement on threads is waived.
Anodize or chemical film per NASM25027, except anodize shall be limited to type I or type II.
MINIMUM TOTAL FLOAT:
X = .017 Y = .026 Sizes -62 thru -02.
Dry film lubricant per procurement specification.
Indicates cadmium plate.
Indicates cadmium plate plus an approved dry film lubricant.
Add to end of part number to obtain nuts with countersunk rivet holes.
Insert "X" in addition to "A" or "P" for plated steel nuts without lubricant.
PART #: NA2159
- Right Angle
- Vertical Mounting Holes
- Threads in accordance with AS8879 before lubrication.
- Shape of nut and housing optional within limits specified, and shall form one integral unit to prevent separation during handling.
- Dimensions are in inches and apply after finish and prior to the application of lubrication unless otherwise specified.
- “NX” code inactive for new design after 1 July 1972. For description of status notes see NAS 380.
- This standard takes precedence over documents referenced herein.
- Unless otherwise specified, part inventory manufactured to previous revisions of the applicable drawing or specification may be procured and used until stock is depleted.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, referenced documents shall be the issue in effect on date of manufacture. However, existing material inventory certified to a previous revision of the applicable material specification(s) is acceptable for use until depletion.
- /8/ Existing nuts with an optional type and class of cadmium plate per AMS-QQ-P-416, as previously permitted, may be furnished until 16 Dec. 1976.
- Dimensioning and tolerancing per ANSI Y14.5M-1982.
- /10/ Minimum “B” and “H” limited only by strength requirements of specification.
- /11/ For dimpled rivet type only, diameter “K” tolerance =.015/-.000 after forming.
- Float of nut portion of assembly shall not be less than .016 inches in any direction from the centered position. Nut body shall be capable of engagement with a bolt in the maximum misaligned position. Nut shall not float so as to exceed dimension “B” or “P”. Maximum vertical float within the housing .020 for .1900-32 size and smaller, .030 for .2500-28 size and larger.